Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Louboutin Nails

I used Essence Nude It! for the main color and OPI I'm Not Really a Waitress for these Louboutin inspired nails.

In order to create this look, all you need to do is have a main color that you use to paint the top of your nail (that's what I'm going to call the part that I normally paint) and then use a red polish to paint the underside of your nail tip. You will need to have nails long enough that extend past your fingertip to really have the full effect. Word of caution: I advise using a small nail art brush to apply the red. Even doing that, I got red all over my fingers and cleanup was a pain.

On the plus side, I was finally able to use my only nude polish in my collection, Essence Nude It! I bought it before Essence came out with their new bottle shape an size which was too bad because the brush on the older tiny bottle was so small it took me forever to paint my nails. I love the color though, in fact, I should get more nudes as soon as I can because I think they are so sophisticated and understated. Also, please pardon my bad job of cleaning the polish off my cuticles...that's the result of painting and cleaning up my nails in a dimly lit room.

No comments:

Post a Comment